Tuesday 11 April 2017

Business Tomorrow: How to Ensure Business Continuity

Continuity has become a big cause of worry for business people. It is one thing to start a business it is another thing for it to still stand long after its set up. Its easier to fix a problem earlier than later.So I came up with this 5 part test. They are more or less questions you should ask yourself before embarking on the business.
1.Is it sustainable?
Do you have access to what it takes to run the business on the long run. These range from Finance, manpower etc. Is there a back up, a plan B.
2. Is it scalable?
By scalable I mean "can this business grow".Does this business have the possibility and ability to grow into a large or even international business.

3.Is it transferable
 Many years later after I'm gone can my children inherit the business. Do I have what it takes to effectively train a successor. Will I be willing to pick a neutral but competent person over my child for effective transition of the business to new ownership and sustainability.
4.Is it risky
Is this business a high risk business or a low risk business. High risk businesses have a high tendency to fold up and lack possibility for continuity.
5.Is it ethical
Unethical businesses tend to fold up faster or without warning. Until you can show me a ponzi scheme that lasted 20years, only then can ethics be discarded.

No comments:

How to Make a fashion Statement

We all want to stand out from the crowd, look different and be identifiable; call it personality branding if you will. The way you dress is ...